The key to Forum success is having a sound process.
FOCUS Forum™ is a proven process that represents best practices for maximizing the benefits and minimizing the risks of forums.
FOCUS Forum books and free resources will help you maximize your investment in Forum.
The Focus Forum Book Series is designed to:
- Help current peer-assisted learning and development groups become better forums
- Provide a guide for those who want to start a forum
- Assist those who facilitate or moderate forums.
The Process of FOCUS Forum is a how-to road map for building and maintaining an effective forum. It outlines a simple yet powerful method that can be followed by any forum, including:
- Members’ roles and responsibilities
- Ground rules for building mutual respect, commitment, trust, and above all, confidentiality
- The structure and format of forum meetings, including a detailed agenda and specific exercises
COMING IN 2014
FOCUS Forum Update Sheet
Each member completes an Update Sheet before every FOCUS Forum meeting. The Update Sheet provides a quick and easy way to capture what has happened in your business and life since the last meeting, what is happening now and what you likely will have to deal with before you see the group again.
A Goal is a Dream with a Deadline: Extraordinary Wisdom for Entrepreneurs, Managers, and Other Smart People by Leo Helzel (McGraw-Hill Trade, 1995)
If… (Questions For The Game of Life) by Evelyn McFarlane and James Saywell (Villard, 1995)
Please Understand Me: Character and Temperament Types by David Keirsey and Marilyn Bates (B & D Books, 1984)
Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work by Paul Babiak and Robert D. Hare (HarperBusiness, 2007)